Man accused of plotting Pulwama terror attack shot dead in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Report

May 22, 2026 - 13:30
Man accused of plotting Pulwama terror attack shot dead in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Report

Join our WhatsApp Community to receive travel deals, free stays, and special offers!
- Join Now -

Join our WhatsApp Community to receive travel deals, free stays, and special offers!
- Join Now -

Arjumand Gulzar alias Burhan Hamza, a designated terrorist who was accused of having orchestrated the terror attack at Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama in 2019, has been shot dead by unidentified gunmen in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir, PTI quoted officials as saying on Thursday.

The officials said that Hamza was allegedly ambushed in Muzaffarabad, the capital of Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.

He was airlifted to the Combined Military Hospital in Rawalpindi after being critically injured. The officials said that he succumbed to his injuries there.

They added that the gunmen reportedly managed to escape before security forces could intervene.

On February 14, 2019, an explosive-laden car driven by a suicide bomber rammed into a bus carrying CRPF personnel, killing 40 of them in Pulwama. Pakistani terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed had claimed responsibility for the attack.

Hamza had been designated a terrorist by the Union Ministry of Home Affairs in 2022 under the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act after a National Investigation Agency probe into the attack.

Hamza, originally from Khar in Pulwama district, was earlier linked to militant group Al Badr, PTI reported. He moved to another militant group Al Baraq. He also allegedly had close ties to Pakistan’s intelligence agency Inter-Services Intelligence.
...

Read more

What's Your Reaction?

Like Like 0
Dislike Dislike 0
Love Love 0
Funny Funny 0
Angry Angry 0
Sad Sad 0
Wow Wow 0