Bihar voter list revision: Congress claims it submitted 89 lakh complaints but EC rejected all

Aug 31, 2025 - 21:30
Bihar voter list revision: Congress claims it submitted 89 lakh complaints but EC rejected all

Join our WhatsApp Community to receive travel deals, free stays, and special offers!
- Join Now -

Join our WhatsApp Community to receive travel deals, free stays, and special offers!
- Join Now -

The Congress on Sunday claimed that the party’s booth-level agents had submitted 89 lakh complaints of irregularities during the special intensive revision of Bihar’s electoral rolls, but the Election Commission rejected all.

However, the Bihar chief electoral officer rejected the claim, saying that no booth-level agent of the Congress had submitted any objection on any name in the draft electoral rolls published on August 1 in the prescribed format.

Speaking during a press conference, Congress leader Pawan Khera said: “The Election Commission keeps getting news planted through its sources that no complaints are coming from any political party. The truth is that the Congress submitted 89 lakh complaints pertaining to irregularities in the revision of electoral rolls.”

Khera further claimed that the party’s booth-level agents were told by the poll panel that complaints could only be submitted by individuals and not political parties.

“Our booth-level agents left no stone unturned in filing complaints and objections of those voters whose names were deleted, and all applications were submitted to the district election officer concerned,” said the Congress leader.

The draft voter list published on August 1 showed that 65.6 lakh names had been removed. Of these, 22 lakh were due to deaths, 36 lakh were of people who had permanently shifted or were untraceable and...

Read more

What's Your Reaction?

Like Like 0
Dislike Dislike 0
Love Love 0
Funny Funny 0
Angry Angry 0
Sad Sad 0
Wow Wow 0