#food_license #fssai #fssai_registration #food_business_license
To get your FSSAI licence click here https://legalease.in/service/fssai-license
Download our APP : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=client.legaleas
contact at 9119193348, 9034994170
Email : [email protected]
FSSAI stands for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India, a statutory body formed under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 directly reporting to the Ministry of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India.
The FSSAI have 3 main objectives:
● Setting of science-based standards regarding the quality of food articles.
● Regulation of manufacturing, storage, distribution, sale and import of food items.
● To supervise safety of food and protection and promotion of public health.
What is FSSAI Registration?
Planning to open a Restaurant or a food production company or even a small scale household food items, you need to get FSSAI Registration.
FSSAI License is a 14 digit number but it assures that food products maintain specific quality checks, thereby cutting down the cases of adulteration, low standard products.
Who needs to get a FSSAI Registration :
● Any of the establishments be it club, hotel, dhaba, restaurants, transporter, marketer, canteen and storage.
● Production or processing units of vegetable oil
● Dairy units including milk chilling units having a capacity of upto 500 liters per day, or up to 2.5 Metric Ton of milk solids annually.
● Slaughtering units
○ Large animal 2
○ Small animals upto 10
○ Poultry birds 50 per day
● All hawkers and petty retailers of snacks.
A complete list of eligibility criteria can be accessed https://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in/index.aspx
What are the various types of FSSAI Food Licence?
● Basic FSSAI Registration : Annual turnover is less than Rs. 12 Lakhs generally for new food businesses.
● State FSSAI Licence : Annual turnover exceeds ₹ 12 Lakhs but not more than ₹ 20 crores.
● Central FSSAI Licence : Annual turnover exceeding ₹ 20 crores or if the business wants to any of the government departments, indulged in import export activities, 100% EoUs, Operators in airports or seaport.
Steps to get an FSSAI License.
Process of FSSAI Registration is almost a 60 days long process :
Step 1 : Fill the requisite form and pay the government fees applicable.
Step 2 : Once the payment gets done and can be seen in your account, file form B with all its annexures.
Step 3 : Regular follow ups with government and further documents and clarification to be submitted as demanded by the officials.
Step 4 : Government can take upto 60 days and will finally award you the licence. The FSSAI logo and FSSAI license number are always to be mentioned on the label of the food package in inverse colour to the background.
Documents required to get a FSSAI Licence.
The documentation completely depends upon the type of applicant (Legal Entity) and for which type of registration is applied for.
● Documents confirming the personal identity of Applicant.
1. Copy PAN Card is mandatory identity proof.
2. Copy of Aadhaar Card/ Driving License/ Voter identity card/Passport (Anyone)
3. One Passport size Photograph.
● Documents confirming the Registered Office where the food business will be commenced.
1. Utility Bill not older than 2 months.
2. Copy of proof of property (Rent Agreement or Sale Deed)
● Following additional documents also required for the Basic FSSAI :
1. Form - A must be duly filled and signed by proprietor/ partners/ directors.
2. Declaration on letterhead for compliances of food safety management system (FSMS).
3. Proof of Income for an annual turnover of the food business.
4. Copy of Board Resolution
5. Self-Declaration by Director
6. Affidavit on Non-Judicial Stamp paper
Validity of FSSAI Licence
FSSAI license once awarded is valid up to 5 years. FSSAI rules provide that the food business operator can appeal for the renewal of the license in before 30 days of the expiry of license. Any renewal application filed after the expiry date will have to pay a late fee of Rs. 100 per day for each day of delay. So, it’s significant to all operators of food businesses to track and assure that the FSSAI license is valid at every time.
Benefits of applying for FSSAI Registration
● Consumer Awareness and confidence: FSSAI Licence benefits the owner providing a reliable & loyal customer base.
● FSSAI Logo: FSSAI is a mark of assurance against validity and quality. It also gives confidence to consumers that food is safe for consumption.
● Legal Advantage: Legal proceedings can be held against any non- compliance as FSSAI Registration is done under the regulatory body FSSAI.
● Business Expansion: The goodwill of the Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) helps businesses in getting an edge in expanding the business.