Aloo Paratha is an indian bread which can be consumed during breakfast. However it can also be consumed during lunch/dinner if you are a true ALOO PARATHA LOVER. There are a variety of parathas such as Gobhi Paratha, Paneer Paratha, Pizza Paratha, Onion Paratha, Garlic Paratha, Muli Paratha, Laccha Paratha, Cheese Paratha, etc, but in today's blog we will see how to make aloo paratha.
This recipe of Aloo paratha is a bit different than the authentic aloo paratha. This recipe comes with a twist and the twist is Maggi Masala. Do try it once and i am sure you will love this aloo paratha recipe.
2 Cup Wheat Flour ( Gehun ka atta )
4-5 Boiled Potatoes ( Aloo )
1/4th Cup Coriander ( Dhaniya )
1 Tbsp Ginger Paste ( Adrak ki
1 Tbsp Green Chilli Paste
1 Tbsp Red Chilli Powder ( Lal Mirch Powder )
1 Tsp Coriander Cumin Powder (Dhaniya Jeera Powder)
2 Packets Maggi Masala ( This masala will give a really nice flavour to your aloo paratha)
Salt as per taste
To prepare the dough :-
1) Add 2 cups of wheat flour ( gehun ka atta ), 3 Tbsp Oil and salt as per taste and mix it well.
2) Add some water in batches and form a dough.
3) Once the dough is formed, add around 1 tsp Oil on the dough and knead it again.
4) Cover the dough and let it rest for 15-20 mins.
5) Now we will prepare the stuffing.
6) Mash 4-5 boiled potatoes ( aloo ). Make sure there are no big pieces left.
7) Once the potatoes are mashed well, add 2 finely chopped onions, 1 tbsp ginger paste, 1 tbsp green chilli paste, 1/4th cup coriander, 1 tbsp red chilli powder, 1/4th tsp turmeric, 1 tsp coriander cumin powder, 2 tbsp maggi masala and salt ( as per taste ).
8) Mix and mash everything well.
9) The stuffing is ready. Make medium sized balls from the stuffing.
10) After letting the dough rest for 15-20 mins, make medium sized balls from it.
11) Roll the balls well and later press them and make it flat. ( Prepare the rest of them similarly)
12) Sprinkle some wheat flour on a flat surface. Place the dough on it and dust it well.
13) Roll the dough a bit and later place the stuffing in the center.
14) Bring the edges of the dough towards the center and seal it well.
15) Press the dough lightly, dust it with some wheat flour and roll the dough very lightly. ( if you give too much pressure while rolling the dough, your paratha will tear and the stuffing will come out.
16) Prepare the rest of the paratha similarly.
17) Now we will roast the paratha, for which we will add some ghee/oil on a hot pan/tawa.
18) Place the paratha on the tawa and roast it on medium flame.
19) Flip the paratha and add some ghee/oil on the paratha.
20) Again flip it and apply ghee/oil and roast the paratha till both the sides get brown spots.
21) Once both the sides get brown spots, it indicates that the paratha has been roasted well. Prepare the rest of the aloo parathas similarly.
22) Aloo Paratha is ready to be served. You can also apply some butter / ghee / oil on the aloo paratha while serving it. Serve it with some curd, pickle or curry.